Hola! I know it’s been a while but the “Good News” is… it’s “Good Friday” and I’m feeling more a LIVE & LOVED than I’ve ever felt! Just sitting back reminiscing on how grateful that I AM that God love NOT just me but you enough that he gave his only begotten Son to die for you and me.
As I think of this I too think of my own life and my daily journey how I have many flaws, make mistakes, and may NOT always say the right things but to know that I have an advocate and a comforter through Christ Jesus it makes doing life a whole lot better! Jesus has given me another day to get it right and multiple platforms to share his love with others. I am completely humbled and honored to have been graced with the gift of sharing Jesus with others as all I want to do is: BE LIKE CHRIST!!!!!
Often times, I think what was on the mind of Christ while being on the Cross? Then after reading those words, I truly understand that I WAS ON HIS MIND at that very moment. During the time of Jesus Christ agony, I (little ole me) was thought of… Anddd, for that alone I want NOTHING but my life to mirror CHRIST as I read and share his last seven words:
Seven Words, the last seven expressions of Jesus Christ on the Cross, which is recorded in Scripture.
- At about three o’clock, Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” which means “My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?” ~Matthew 27:46
- Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they don’t know what they are doing.” And the soldiers gambled for his clothes by throwing dice. ~Luke 23:34
- And Jesus replied, “I assure you, today you will be with me in paradise.” ~Luke 23:43
- Then Jesus shouted, “Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands!” And with those words he breathed his last ~Luke 23:46
- When Jesus then saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing nearby, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold, your son!” Then He said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother!” From that hour, the disciple took her into his own ~John 19:26-27
- I AM thirsty ~John 19:28
- It IS FINISHED! ~John 19:30
Just know… no matter what you may have done God loves you and want to have a relationship with you! You are NOT too far gone where God arms won’t reach you! As we celebrate Christ, you too can be celebrated knowing that you live because he died and rose!!!! I would like to personally invite you to come out and be my guest on this Resurrection Sunday at our Church Unity Faith Christian Center.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son,
So that everyone who believes in him
may not perish but have eternal life.
Jesus came and fulfilled his mission… will you fulfill yours?